Fainting Couch: Blue Diamonds

Hello ladies,

It has been an age since I swooned. Please gather round the fainting couch with vials of smelling salts, painted fans and a tumbler of chilled water. Behold Blue Diamonds! I can't even believe how gorgeous this polish is! This breathtaking icy blue shimmer with holographic glitter particles was sent to me by Diamond Cosmetics for their Holiday Collection preview. 

If you are not already seated, please do so before clicking on any of the photos to enlarge. 





Diamond Cosmetics Holiday Collection: Rubies & Diamonds, Amethyst & Diamonds, Blue Diamonds,  Diamond's Diamonds. Clicking to enlarge will best show the glitter in  Rubies and Diamonds. Full sun highlighted the red jelly base. In the photo, the glitter is most apparent towards the left on the bottle. Rubies & Diamonds has a high shimmer content that is easily visible in person. The sparkle is a little camera shy in the bottle. 
Above is another butterfly from my visit to the Museum of Natural Sciences. So nice to be able to see live butterflies in November!

Blue Diamonds was opaque in two coats. I am highly impressed that one coat of CND Air Dry glossed the polish to a high sheen with only the slightest hint of texture remaining. Blue Diamonds reminds me of the older drugstore line L'Oreal Bijou with a far superior formula. Diamond Cosmetics chose finely cut holographic glitter. There is no bumpiness to level with extra layers of topcoat and patience.  

The base of the formula is a well behaved frost. There is a whisper of visible brushstrokes if you search behind the flashing holographic glitter. My only minor issue with Blue Diamonds is the dry time is longer than usual, even with a quick dry topcoat. If you faint after the second coat, fall carefully to avoid smudging.

I am so excited about this collection! I do wish there were five colors and the last was a dark green with holographic glitter. My friend Lisa and I were chatting today over iced coffee and she raised the idea of what my fantasy polish would be. A dark green version of Blue Diamonds would make me swoon many times over. That said, I am so very happy with the four presented to me for review. The holiday glitters are now available for purchase for $2.50 each at diamondcosmetics.com.

Also, how do you like the look of the three column format? I changed the site yesterday. I wanted to make all the categories easier to find and navigate. I am  currently working on extending my blogroll to be more inclusive with all the new blogs being introduced. If you have a nail polish blog and wish to be added to my blogroll,  please leave a comment and I will gladly add you.

Happy painting, ladies!  


Blog Archive