Coral Crush - and 50 followers!! XD

I can’t believe with the amount of time I spend on this blog, and the amount of hours I fritter away reading other people’s wonderful blogs, and I missed the rollover!
50 followers! This is amazing, thank you to each and every one of you!  I never started with the intention of racking up followers, this blog is about my discovery of the wide versatility of Nail Polish and creating something pretty. It means a lot that ONE person would want to read it, never mind over 50 J
STAY TUNED FOR A CELEBRATORY GIVEAWAAAAAY! What better excuse to go shopping?! I'm so excited to pick out my favourites and give them away to you! Giving is definitely better than receiving! :D
I bought one of my first PROPER Lipsticks the other day. I usually stick to balms or glosses (even though I cannot stand the sticky feeling on my lips of some glosses) and make the most of my eyes – seen as eye makeup was my first love! I thought I’d broaden my horizons, however, and I didn’t start small...I went for a bright Coral.
I love the coral colour, and I cant wait until summer so I can rock this baby literally everyday!
This lipstick is from the Accessorize range and there's not a thing about it that I don’t LOVE. From the packaging to the formula to the price (£4.00). In fact, i love the whole Accessorize range so far, the nail polish range looks so great - can't wait to pick a few (or all of them) up.
First things first – this lippy smells LUSH! It’s a lovely sweet vanillary scent and its gorge. It's a really smooth application with a reasonable shine – I wouldn’t apply a gloss over the top. It also looks beautiful if you mix a touch of it with a Balm to give the lips a flush of colour while you moisturise. My favourite to use with this is Vaseline Cocoa butter (the smells compliment each other too! Yummers!)

Here are some pics of the lippy itself:


The lid has a big sparkly (faux) diamond top! LOVE IT.

And these are my luscious corally lips:

It's a wee bit oranger IRL and definitely brighter - at least it feels it to me! I'm definitely not used to bright attention grabbing lips.
And here is my whole FOTD. I tried (and possibly failed) not to make these too "myspace-y" ahah, but theres only so much you can do when you're taking a picture of your own face! The foundation base is Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection. The bottle says it lasts 16 hours which I think is both a bold and ridiculous claim, but it does stay put rather well, even if I do get a bad case of the shinies after a while. This isn't my everyday foundation as it's a bit heavier and not massively natural looking - i wear it for nights out :) Blusher is Benefit Coralista (coral overload? NEVAAAAR!), and my eyes I left simple, lining the top, water line and a bit underneath with an H&M pencil liner in Brown. I only used a couple of strokes of Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara in Brown/Black.

After spending hours taking over 100 photos...this is the first one I took. c'est la vie.

So you can see the pencil liner detail.

And because I love you all SO much, a big, wet, corally kiss from me to say thank you!!! Here is my most ridiculous face :D

also, astounded that the combination of the pout and my recent weight loss has given me cheekbones...GET IN!

Until tomorrow my lovely readers, let me know what you think on the comments! xxx

Blog Archive