My Rainbow Manicure NEEDS YOU!

Last night I painted my my nails Rainbow Stripes, and, while I wasn't exactly stuck for ideas for what to do with it, it got me wondering how YOU lovely lot would finish off the design!
So here is the plan: For today (and maybe tomorrow), leave your comments below, suggesting what else you would do to the design, were it on your own nails - would you add a glitter topcoat? Freehand in some Rain-clouds? Add Black Crackle? Shooting stars? Add some Bling? I want you to decide the next step in this Manicure!
After a period of 24hrs or so, I will choose my favourite suggestion and bring it to life - the winner gets an extra TEN ENTRIES in my Giveaway (if you haven't already entered then I will enter you :D) and, of course, all credit and linkage will go to you! Here is what you have to work with, and to get your creative juices flowing!

All colours over white, using a striping brush.


Here is a list of what I own so you can make sure your design is possible, with the equipment I own, before you suggest something involving unicorn tears, or phoenix feathers:
  • Freehand - ANYTHING GOES - I love a challenge, and have nail art brushes and pens/polishes in every colour, so go wild - anything from your favourite cartoon to a polished reconstruction of your life story is coool with me.
  • Scotch tape - would you tape a section (or sections) off, and change the colours around? Any colour goes!
  • Glitter topcoat in any colour, including holographic and big hex glitter
  • Loose glitter in silver, purple, pink
  • Crackle Topcoat in black (Barry M)
  • French tips
  • Fimo cane ( the usuals: fruit, teddy bears, butterflies, flowers etc) see this post for a selection
  • Rhinestones in clear, pink, yellow, lilac, green, mint green, gold, little red stars.
  • All of the FIRST Bundle Monster set, for stamped designs
  • Konad M57, M79, M73, M29
  • Born Pretty Store Hello Kitty plate
  • Matt topcoat
  • Sponges for a gradient effect
  • Kiss White Daisy Nail Stickers

Blog Archive