A RUN OF BAD LUCK


Hey girls. Don't know if anyone even checks my blog anymore, but I thought I would check in. Those that follow me on facebook already know whats been going on, but for those who don't I thought I would let you all know.

I've been home from work for about a week and a half. First I hurt my back trying to move my bed back after cleaning out from under it. I was laid up in bed for about 5 days with that.

On Sunday I thought I was feeling well enough to go back to work on Monday. That night I was cooking a big ham. I took it out to baste it and when I went to put it back in the oven my back just wouldn't let me bend down enough to get it all the way in. The pan fell and severely burned my foot. I ended up having to go to the ER and have a second degree burn on my foot. Had I not been wearing socks when the hot juice splashed on my foot I don't think I wold have been burned as bad, but with the socks holding that hot liquid right next to my foot it really got a chance to burn my skin. It's been a little over a week since that happened and I am finally able to get back to work. My foot is still healing and it is probably going to scar a little unfortunately, but I guess it could have been worse.

My nail painting isn't really possible right now as I still have to keep my foot elevated. I do have some collections that I had already done that I am going to post for you all this week.

Now for the nasty (or good) part. If you are like me and like seeing pics of things like this then I included a couple pictures of my burned foot. If you don't like it then PLEASE just scroll right on past. Love you guys :)



This one was taken a few days after it happened. The red part is all missing skin where it was burned off.


This one I just took last night. You can see it has healed up a little. Those lines around my ankle are burns, they were marks that show the lines from my socks and where it held that hot juice against my foot.

Blog Archive