Omnipresent zombies!

Hello ladies,

Today was undeniably grey and filled with zombies! My friend David and I strolled through Lambertville, NJ to appreciate the leaf change and enjoy the Halloween decorations. The townspeople show equal pride and neighborly competitiveness in adorning their front porches with tombstones, skulls, ghosts, bats, cobwebs, rats and skulls . My nails weren't the only location for zombies! 

The zombie girl was stamped in black Konad special polish using plate M13. The base for the design is MAC $$$$$Yes. Hard Candy Sweet P forms the funky french.
 



How would you like this little miss to greet you at your front door?

The owner of the house calls this doll "the angry teenager".

Orange and gold leaves through a fine mist of rain.

I was complaining about my zombies over dinner with my boyfriend Kyle last night. Konad special polish in black and the smooth, mirror like finish of MAC $$$$$Yes did not couple well. I had to redo two nails because the zombies literally melted once I applied the Konad topcoat. I have to admit it was amusing listening to a big guy trying to reassure me about my manicure skills, melting zombies notwithstanding.

I really love $$$$$Yes. The name entertains me. The color is what I wanted NYC Steele to be. It's a muted and reflective silver. Like most MAC polishes, the application is tricky and required three coats for opacity. I believe the central problem with MAC lacquers are the brushes and not the formula. I find the bristles a little stiff compared to other polishes. A light touch is needed to keep the color on the nail and not dragging towards the tip on the second coat. There are some brushstrokes with $$$$$Yes, but it has more of a striping appearance like brushed steel rather than a frosty polish look. $$$$$Yes has recently been re-promoted by MAC.

Hard Candy Sweet P is lovely despite the missing vowels in the name. I support tiny green glitter particles in the color of legumes. Two coats were required for the funky french. The glitter appears less concentrated in the photo than in life. I think those zombies were being tricky again!

Happy painting, ladies! 

Blog Archive