Snow White, Rose Red

Hello ladies,

Lollipop is another beauty from the Essie Sweet Time of Year collection. Typically I can enjoy shades of red for their innate sex appeal or retro glamour, but Lollipop interests me beyond those qualities. The jelly formula is so bright and glossy. Leaning towards pink, Lollipop is a playful red. If asked if I think Lollipop is naughty or nice, I would say it is the best of both.

I chose fauxnad plate C02 from Hong Kong to take us on a storybook journey. I used Konad white special polish to stamp the blooms. I purposely repositioned the stamper to let the roses look more natural rather than as a repetition of design. I added pearl accents to denote the beauty and innocence of Snow White and Rose Red. Now I just need to befriend a giant bear.  








I love jelly polishes, but with long nails, I prefer to ensure opacity. I started with CND Stickey base coat and added two coats of Brucci 2 in 1 Nail Perfection. I followed with three coats of Essie Lollipop. Application was perfect. The color smoothed over the nail, built up prettily and dried to a stained glass finish. I think Lollipop could be worn without a ridge filling base coat by ladies with more active length nails. 

Lollipop would make a gorgeous base for a black funky french.  I may need to bring this back for a Valentine look. The thing that I love about this color is it doesn't feel limited to winter holidays. I think Lollipop would work just as well in June. Essie Lollipop was sent to me for review. 

Happy painting, ladies!

Blog Archive