Champagne anyone? *pic heavy!*

Today's Manicure uses MUA's B6 (is it too much trouble to actually NAME your shades, Superdrug?!), which is a pearlescent champagne kind of colour. It is a lovely shade, butIi think it would look a lot better on a darker skin tone, it kind of washes me out a bit.
This colour was quite hard to capture, it's slightly more beige IRL, and not quite as silvery (except at certain angles, in the light). The brush for this polish is NOT my favourite, the bristles are really thick, making the brush a bit clumpy and hard to keep neat round the cuticles. This was especially a problem as the pearlescence of this polish shows up every brush stroke!! I had to work hard to make sure each stroke was straight to avoid wiggly lines. A topcoat did help with this after the fact, however.
I then added the leafy/spotty image from BM04 using Claire's Black. This is not my favourite Mani, I think it's a bit "old lady", I prefer using creams and nice fun, bright colours!

Today is the online release of the new Illamasqua "Toxic Nature" collection, which has some interesting pieces, including some brilliantly pigmented, multi functional creams. Head over to their website to check it out - look at these promo pictures! Make-up for your alter-ego indeed!
I love the makeup - but if someone did that to my fringe I'd punch them very hard.
outrageous, no? They've also bought out some great looking nail polishes, including one called "Bacterium":-
Bacterium on the left, Purity on the right.
Now, I'm not claiming that my little MUA B6 is a dupe, but have a look at these swatches from Leanne over at DoNotRefreeze - She's lucky enough to own Bacterium, and has swatched it for us:-
PHOTO BELONGS TO LEANNE AT DO NOT REFREEZE!!!!
Considering MUA is darker IRL, this could be considered a cheaper alternative seen as Bacterium is £13.50, and my tight arse paid £1.00 for B6. It may be a bit more silvery (and obviously not as good quality), but I think I can make do with that when considering the price difference! Y'all need to go and check out Leanne's blog Do Not Refreeze by the way, easily one of my absolute favourite blogs to read!

Have a lovely day everyone, let me know what you think!
xxx

Blog Archive