Nuclear Waste

Goood Afternoon everyone! Firstly, my Tatty Devine inspired Manicure has been featured on the front page of their website! They've also written an article on me and my silly little blog which has made it a very exciting day! I rang my Mum and everything! Waaaah! Exclamation Mark!

On to today's nails - I did not get on with this polish AT ALL, it was a gloopy, horrible mess and painted on like a gross, blobby creature. It was so minging to the point where I actually think I have a defective bottle. I tweeted this at Collection 2000, and they suggested I buy a polish thinner. Cheers, Collection 2000, I will go out and spend money I don't have, on products I wouldn't need, if you quality controlled your stock properly....ya douchebags. Maybe I'll try and take it back to Superdrug, but I doubt I'll be successful.

Collection 2000's "Spangle" from the "Hot Looks" collection is a bright, lime green, and "fast drying". It turned into a stringy mess after about ten seconds, and left me with no option but to schloop it on in big, thick, gloopy layers (which, I might add, still didn't reduce the amount of coats I need to eliminate VNL). This resulted in HORRIFIC bubbling - to the point where it looked like Toxic Waste, which did inspire the Nail Art. Maybe I should be thanking Collection 2000? You can make up your own minds!

From the Giveaway feedback, a lot of you are asking to see some plain swatches, but I also know that a lot of you tune in for the Art, so I thought I'd balance it out by showing a swatch of the base colours that I use before launching into the Art Part.

Here is the bubbly mess that is Collection 2000 Spangle (a shame because I LOVE the colour):-

Bubbly Jubbly.

I also added a Claire's Shimmer Topcoat to my left hand, just to see if it made a passable dupe for Illamasqua's Radium:-


Hmmm. I'm not so sure, but if anyone asks me if I'm wearing Illamasqua, I have no problem lying shamelessly and saying "Yes. Yes I am, and it cost me £13.50."

As I mentioned, the ugly bubbliness inspired "Toxic Waste" Nail Art:-

Anyone recognise Blinky, the three-eyed nuclear fish from "The Simpsons?!"
I've got a Drum of Nuclear Waste on the ring finger, and Blinky the three-eyed mutant fish from The Simpsons on my thumb. HE IS THE CUTEST THING EVAAAR - I really didn't want to remove this manicure purely for that thumb haha.

urgh bubbly wubbly
I used Claire's black and white Nail Art Pens for the accents, as well as a toothpick for filling in the orange highlights and light grey highlights and yellow circle. The Neon Orange is Barbara Daley for Tesco in "Salsa", and the yellow is Miss Sporty "Taxi!". The dark and light grey are Barry M Grey and Sparkle and Fade Light Grey.

On a final note, this polish also stained pretty badly, despite two layers of base coat  - very unamused. It's such a shame as I love the colour, and now I feel like all I've done throughout this post is bitch and whine! Get it right, Collection 2000, and we won't have any beef! Has anyone else had this problem with any of their polishes?

BYE EVERYONE!
Don't forget to enter the Giveaway!

Blog Archive