Scotch Tape Fail

Well, we can't all get it right all of the time! I took a deep breath and decided to share my fails as well as my triumphs. I tried my hand at a scotch tape Mani, like some of the great patchworks that I've seen over at the utterly fabulous Chloe's Nails - but it didn't quite turn out the way I'd hoped!
Firstly, it took FOREVER and I still only did one hand! I'm really impatient when it comes to my nails drying, and when you have to tape off many sections at a time and wait for them to dry, then tape them off again and... BLEUGH! I want pretty nails NOW damn it!!!
I also can't get hold of a bottle of Seche Vite, except on Ebay, so the whole look isn't smooth at all, my poor little Barry M topcoat just isn't up to the challenge. I need to save some pennies for the topcoat to beat all topcoats, its on my wishlist fo sho!
I think the idea is there, just the execution is pretty terrible haha, for this reason I can only bear to post 2 pics, this came off straight away lol:

The sun also wasn't out out today (even though I asked it REALLY nicely), so you can't even see the lovely sparkliness of the purple glitter. Boo. I also realise there's a lot going on, scotch tape, glitter, konad, patchwork etc, but I'm not really one to do things by halves!
The polishes I used aaare:
  • Painted all nails with three coats of Barry M Strawberry Ice-cream
  • The purpley berry sections are MUA in shade 4, I also stamped using this polish
  • Purple Glitter is Claire's.
  • Stamped with Konad M79
Tomorrow is another day! I'll have something fun for you :D
Let me know what you think, has anything similar ever happened to you? things not turned out quite the way you'd hoped?
Peace out, my lovely followers, stay awesome.
Emily x

Blog Archive