Starry Eyed - Sponging and Stars!

I really was very uninspired last night, and started with a base of Model's Own Blooboo. Anyone else get bubbles with this polish? Maybe it's the way I apply it, but it happens with this polish more than any other. Here is Blooboo on its own:-

It is a lovely Pastel Blue Cream, but it has a lovely royal blue shimmer in the bottle that doesnt translate onto the nail, not even a little bit.

I decided to sponge on some silver using Claire's Silver Nail Art Pen -  I really like this silver, it's very sparkly and metallic, almost like it's made up entirely of teeny tiny bits of glitter.





Nice gradient going on there! Looking a bit wintery, like I should be adding some snowflakes! I added some purple stars instead: -


I've got a bad case of glitter herpes from the Claire's Silver, it's an absolute bugger to clean up, I can't for the life of me get it all off! I stamped the starry image from BM21 with Claire's Matte Purple. I'm never using this polish to stamp with ever again, although nice and opaque, it just dries far too quickly and I struggle to pick up/transfer a complete image - which is a shame. I wish I'd used something like Barry M Cobalt Blue instead, but by the time I'd realised, I was past the point of no return!
It still turned out alright, but it's not my favourites. It looks much better from a distance, in a dim light - much like most men.

Let me know what you think everyone!



Blog Archive